There you have it. Straight from Wikipedia. It took me a whole day of researching online over a hundred of webpages on wellness, eating right, plant-based recipes, and for all the right reasons changing my lifestyle. There are some sites that I liked so will definitely take heed to their advice and try out their home-made fail proof recipes. To be vegan, I have to have really strong discipline and determination. After all this while, I have been eating meat since I have been brought up by Chinese cuisines. However, I am a Buddhist. Therefore, I want to respect tradition to who I pray all for. If you are interested, read the link beside this sentence : The Buddhist Diet
Besides, I am not totally an extremist. I don't think I can eat raw clean vegetables yet. So basically, I will start slow. I really think I can do this if I just put my mind to it. I do really believe that we all can. Just came back from the night market, and am so super happy because my family and I have just purchased a whole lot of fruits! Melons, lemons, kiwis, rambutan, banana and more. Recently, I have tried having oatmeal with maple syrup. It was good! Was so pleased that I enjoyed it, my whole family isn't really much of a fan of it. The healthy lifestyle must start now.
For a while now, I thought of contributing something everyday, not on objects, or money, it's more like self-giving. I would like to think that changing my lifestyle to a vegan diet would prove compassionate living among us humans and animals. Even though it may be a huge change to my daily lifestyle, meat has not been such a huge part of it. I enjoy eating fruits, vegetables and have always been picky with my food in a health-conscience way. Kinda am excited to see how I will go, and the results that come with it.
Clearly, this is the food pyramid for the vegan kind of daily eating. It's not bad at all. First thing I would like to clear up, I am actually allergic to eggs it is unbelievably the most unfortunate. I would get a skin disease called "ezcema" so I'd best avoid it. Besides, I am also allergic to seafood. Like wow. It couldn't get worse than that, especially when a meal is cooked with garlic along with shellfish. The worse combo ever ( for me ). Never have been a huge fan of meat so it's all good. And if you are wondering if I don't eat meat, I would not be able to get the nutrients I need from it such as protein, iron and others? Have no fear! Hope you enjoyed this post!


No comments:
Post a Comment