I really do enjoy having skype dates with my friends who are especially close and dear to me. Yesterday night, I skyped with Desirene who is currently in UoM. It was pretty cool cuz we could talk about anything, the longest conversation with her ever. Three hours in total? Or more, can't really remember as I was kinda tired. Not only that, I even talked to Mei for an hour just catching up bout life and recent events. It just reminds me how blessed and grateful I am for those people who truly want to be my friend and to let me know how they are doing. It shows that they do think about me, and I truly appreciate that so much. I would have to admit that I am the type of person who needs their space at times and I cannot tolerate clingy-ness ( if that's even a word , sorry ) It's like those once in a while catch-up times. I believe that long-distance friendships or relationships can work, only if the other side of the party is committed to it. Yeah.
Met up after five years, here is my best friend since primary school, Amanda! I'm so glad and grateful for this meet today. It was really great to see her doing well and being the same old girl that I remember and love. Total candid picture heh. We met up in ou and had Kyochon for lunch! Their set meals are pretty worth it if you share so yeah. The yuza drink was so fizzy oh my goodness. We struggled to finish it, not that it was bad. It just didn't taste right, sour and fizzy. Woah. A lil while after that, we went window shopping in Cold Storage. I absolutely love looking at food, their ingredients and colorful pantry of delicious glorious food that I know one day I must have.
Since I don't go out that often, I spent quite a bit. Just on some sponges, a set of notebooks from Muji. The quality of the notebooks are so good. I was pleasantly surprised by their stationary collection as it was my type of taste. Wood-like, sleek, and minimalistic. I would definitely go back there to get more interesting and unique kind of stationary. It was reasonably priced as well. To sum it all up, it has been a pretty good day. I haven't had that feeling of comfortableness in a while. I'm sure you know how it feels like to see an old friend that you know you can completely trust and be yourself around that person. After that, we went inside Uniqlo too hehe.
I don't know why I put that bee emoji there but I guess I thought it was cute heh.
Top: Kitschen
Skirt: Uniqlo
Lipstick: PONY
My meetup with Amanda was pretty short so after that I went to a nearby bakery, and bought a pack of almonds, sunflower seeds, maple syrup and rolled oats. I was really in the mood for some baking. The success of the product coming out is the best feeling ever. Also knowing that your family or friends love eating it, it just drives me to try to bake new things. So far I have mentioned that I baked cinnamon rolls, chocolate cake and just now, granola. You wouldn't believe me if I said this, but damn, that granola is amazing. My mom approves it even though she doesn't like cinnamon or peanut butter heh. By the way, as if I didn't need to mention this, it's all vegan. Oh, and just cuz it's vegan, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's like a super healthy alternative. Vegans can live the fat life too heh. With that being said, I work out man. Oh my goodness, it was thighs and butt day, I am literally aching. It didn't really help that yesterday was H.I.I.T either lol. But the pain and ache is worth it.
snapchat: jiexiyeo
Your eyes can't unsee this. You know you gotta try it.
Healthy Gluten-Free Granola Recipe
Credits: HealthyNutNutrition
Dry Ingredients
-2.5 cups Gluten free rolled oats
-1 cup raw almonds
-1 cup sunflower seeds
-1/2 cup raisins
-2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
-1 tsp. cinnamon
-1/2 tsp. sea salt
-1 cup raw almonds
-1 cup sunflower seeds
-1/2 cup raisins
-2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
-1 tsp. cinnamon
-1/2 tsp. sea salt
-1 tbsp. chia seeds
Wet Ingredients
-1/2 cup maple syrup
-1/4 cup natural peanut butter
-1 tsp.vanilla extract
Wet Ingredients
-1/2 cup maple syrup
-1/4 cup natural peanut butter
-1 tsp.vanilla extract
-1 tablespoon of golden syrup
1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a huge mixing bowl. Stir so that oats are evenly coated.
2. Combine all the wet ingredients in a pot, heat it up and melt the ingredients together on low heat.
3. With the combined wet ingredients slightly cooled down, pour it into the dry mixture. Mix well.
4. Pour everything on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Press it down to a flat layer.
5. Bake granola in an oven @ 300F // 175 C for 40 - 45 minutes ( toss half-way through )
~ You can totally add different types of nuts, dried fruit and sweetener but that's what I simply used.
Enjoy baking! It can be enjoyed as a lovely snack on it's own or with some cold yogurt!





No comments:
Post a Comment